The U by Moen Smart Faucet
Say hello to your new kitchen assistant!
You walk into the kitchen to prepare a baby bottle but your hands are already full holding your little one. With just a few words, your faucet provides the perfect amount and temperature of water – no more balancing act. Later, you’re rushing to get dinner prepared but with a simple command, your pasta pot is being filled with exactly three litres of hot water while you chop veggies – no more multitasking blunders.
Whatever your daily challenges may be, Moen can help you conquer them by delivering personalized and intelligent products for the hardest working area of your house. The U by Moen Smart Faucet offers convenience, precision and intuitive voice-activation technology to help complete tasks in the kitchen.
“Whether you’re a mom juggling packed lunches while trying to get your morning coffee, a baker requiring precise ingredient volumes for recipes, or a multitasker that sometimes needs another set of hands, extra assistance in the kitchen can go a long way,” says Garry Scott, vice-president, marketing and eCommerce, Moen Canada. “Our team is dedicated to developing intelligent innovations that thoughtfully integrate technology to enhance people’s everyday encounters with water, and the new U by Moen Smart Faucet delivers the connectivity and customization our consumers desire.”
How the U by Moen Smart Faucet Works:
Users are able to control their U by Moen Smart Faucet in four ways:
- Voice control allows users to start and stop water flow as well as perform specific tasks on command through their digital voice assistant.
- A Wave Sensor positioned at the front of the faucet turns water on or off with a simple hand movement.
- Through the smartphone app, users can set unlimited personalized presets or start and stop water delivery with the push of a button.
- The handle on the side of the faucet offers manual operation, letting users adjust flow and temperature.
- The U by Moen Smart Faucet is the only voice-activated kitchen faucet on the commercial market to offer voice- and hands-free activation regardless of the faucet’s manual handle position. Voice assistant and hands-free control will start or stop the water flow, dispensing the desired temperature and amount, whether the faucet handle is in the open or closed position, and despite manual temperature selection with the handle.
Activating with Voice Commands:
To activate the U by Moen Smart Faucet, users simply ask Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant to turn the water on or off, as well as dispense precise measurements and temperatures. Once they have created personalized presets in the Moen app, homeowners only need to state the name of the preset within the command.
Voice-activated capabilities include:
- Metered dispensing in fractional metric and non-metric measurements from one tablespoon (15 millilitre) up to 15 gallons (56 litres)
- Exact and common temperature commands: “40 degrees” and “hot water” or “cold water”
- Combined metered and temperature requests: “1/2 cup of 40-degree water” or “Two ounces of hot water”
- User customized presets created within the Moen app: “Baby Bottle” or “Dog Bowl”
Additionally, preheat commands will warm or cool the water to the desired temperature, then pause the flow of water until users re-engage the faucet. As the water temperature changes, the hands-free sensor on the faucet will evolve from blue, purple and red, indicating the system is warming up or cooling down to reach the desired water temperature. When the water is ready, the sensor lights will stop flashing and turn solid.
Users will know the command has worked as the voice assistant will reply indicating the desired activity has been completed and the flow of water will start or stop.