Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera rolling out to major retailers
Arlo Technologies, Inc., one of the leading internet connected camera brands, today announced the availability of its all-new Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera. An extension of Arlo’s smart home security ecosystem, and recently selected as a CES 2020 Innovation Award Honoree, Arlo’s integrated floodlight camera is the first wire-free variant on the market.
The versatile floodlight camera brings powerful LEDs, an integrated 2K HDR camera, 160-degree field of view, two-way audio, custom lighting configurations and a built-in siren to any home or small business. It also lends itself to a number of use cases through a robust suite of smart features with the support of Arlo’s AI subscription-based service, Arlo Smart.
“We’re proud to be expanding Arlo’s home security ecosystem with the rollout of the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera to several of Arlo’s core channel partners,” said Tom Babula, SVP worldwide sales at Arlo. “As the first wire-free 2K variant on the market, the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera offers an even more comprehensive home security solution for consumers with increased illumination. Boasting a seamlessly integrated camera and floodlight design, the Pro 3 Floodlight Camera is an ideal all-in-one solution to keep a watchful eye on homes and small businesses alike.”
The Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera implements a variety of features to clearly identify and alert who or what is outside a user’s home. These ensure maximum image and audio quality even in instances where users might typically experience a washout effect from brightness or distracting background noise. Features include:
- Superior Brightness: Powerful LED’s illuminate a wide area, activated by motion or manually.
- 2K Video with HDR: Zoom in on objects and see clearer details and colors in 2K HDR during live or recorded video viewing.
- Color Night Vision: See what’s lurking in the dark with color night vision or traditional black and white.
- 160-degree Diagonal View: Keep an eye on more of what matters with a wider field-of-view.
- 2-Way Audio: Hear and speak to visitors clearly with superior audio quality.
- Built-in Siren: Trigger your siren automatically, or manually from the app.
- XL Rechargeable Battery: Convenient and long-lasting battery to take the expense out of security.
- Custom Control: Enhance protection with custom floodlight and camera settings.
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control.
The floodlight camera can automatically measure the amount of surrounding light to allow for true customization for when the floodlight automatically turns on upon motion or audio detection. Users can configure the ambient light sensor’s sensitivity threshold to surrounding light within the Arlo app. This level of customization will in turn help users further preserve the product’s battery life as well.
The floodlight camera also offers two different light patterns – constant and pulsating – which users can control manually on-demand or via automation rules.
The Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera was designed with user convenience in mind and allows for easy installation in a variety of outdoor environments. The floodlight camera offers a beautiful outer-body casing to seamlessly blend into any home exterior. Designed with an integrated ball mount and ceiling adapter accessory, users can easily articulate the floodlight camera in nearly any direction and install on a number of hard surfaces.
Users have the option to either connect the floodlight camera directly to WiFi access points or compatible Arlo SmartHubs or base stations (VMB5000, VMB4540, VMB4500, VMB4000). Coming soon, the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight will also be offered in an all-black design finish.
With the purchase of the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera, users will receive a complimentary three-month trial to Arlo’s AI subscription-based service, Arlo Smart, where they will have access to rolling 30-days of 2K cloud recordings to store and view video clips.