How you can bring more connectivity to your vehicle
You already depend on your smart home to automate and simplify your day. And if you drive a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac, your vehicle can help further, thanks to the latest connectivity technology from General Motors.1,2 That’s welcome now more than ever as we all take steps to get back on the road.
With Connected Services, you can ask your Google or Amazon Alexa smart speaker to send commands to your vehicle; take advantage of cutting-edge apps in your vehicle’s infotainment system; or use the versatile myChevrolet®, myBuick®, myGMC® or myCadillac® mobile app.3,2
Connected Services can help with your commute before you even leave home. Just like checking your email and schedule on your phone as you eat breakfast, you can view the status of your vehicle, including estimated fuel level, using your vehicle mobile app.4,2 Avoid those unexpected fill-ups on the way to the office.
When it’s time to leave, simply ask your compatible voice assistant-enabled device to remotely start your Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle4,2 for your convenience.
Busy traffic is just a fact of life, but fortunately, you’ve got Connected Navigation5,2 in your vehicle to help out. Its real-time, internet-based traffic data can help route you around congestion and delays. Need to make a detour on the way? Search by voice from a cloud-based point-of-interest database.
Stay entertained during your drive, thanks to the In-Vehicle Apps6 available in your vehicle’s infotainment system.7 With leading news, sports, music and audiobook apps at your fingertips, there’s always something engaging to listen to. Plus, Alexa Built-In8 allows you to be more productive in the car.
Try saying “Alexa, turn off the kitchen lights” as you leave home or “Alexa, add milk and eggs to my shopping list” as you leave work, or ask Alexa to play a favourite album or playlist. You don’t even need to connect your phone to enjoy these apps — they work right through your vehicle’s infotainment system.
When you’ve got meetings with clients all across town, it’s easy to forget where you parked. With Vehicle Locate4,2 in your vehicle mobile app, you can handily see your vehicle’s location on a map. Plus, thanks to your vehicle’s available 4G LTE Wi-Fi® Hotspot,9,2 you can open your laptop and catch up on emails before you get back on the road.
Your vehicle mobile app can also keep tabs on when your vehicle needs service.10,2 You can receive a text message when your vehicle needs an oil change, and scheduling that service couldn’t be simpler. Just tap to make an appointment using the built-in app on your vehicle’s touchscreen.
On the commute home, you spot some debris in the right lane of the highway and a vehicle on the side of road. Luckily for those unlucky drivers, you’re about to be a Good Samaritan. Reach up and push your red Emergency button11 to be connected with an OnStar Advisor. They’ll contact First Responders and request quick assistance for the stranded motorist.
With cutting-edge apps you depend on, voice assistant-enabled device integration and on-demand assistance from Advisors, Connected Services and OnStar can help make your vehicle a seamless and integrated part of your busy, connected day. It’s just the latest way that General Motors is connecting the vehicles you trust with the technologies you love.
- Visit onstar.ca for coverage maps, details and system limitations. Service plan required.
- Service availability, features and functionality are subject to user terms and limitations and vary by model and/or vehicle configuration, service plan and conditions as well as geographical and technical restrictions.
- Available on select Apple and Android devices. Device data connection required.
- Requires the OnStar Basic Plan or Remote Access Plan. Device data connection is required.
- Requires subscription to OnStar Guidance Plan, Premium Access Plan or Navigation Add-On. Connected Navigation and Real-time Points of Interest (POI) only available on properly equipped vehicles.
- App functionality and feature availability vary with vehicle equipment and trim level. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective third-party owners and used under agreement. Data connection may be required and data charges may apply. Requires an active service plan and working electrical system.
- Functionality varies by model.
- Certain Alexa functionality is dependent on smart home technology.
- 4G LTE service available in select markets. Requires active connected vehicle services and a data plan to access the vehicle’s built-in Wi-Fi Hotspot. Accessory power must be active to use the Wi-Fi Hotspot. Data plans provided by AT&T or its local service provider. Credit card is required for purchase.
- Message/data rates may apply. Requires active service plan, email address on file and enrollment in Vehicle Diagnostics. Not all issues will deliver alerts.
- OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers.