Arlo expands smart home security ecosystem With Arlo Essential Spotlight Security Camera
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Arlo Technologies, Inc. announced the introduction of its all-new Essential Spotlight Camera. This latest expansion to Arlo’s smart home security ecosystem is the must-have solution for those who want peace of mind in a package that’s quick to install anywhere, indoors or out.
The Essential Spotlight Camera features 1080p HD video, two-way audio, an integrated spotlight with color night vision, and motion detection alerts – all in a beautifully compact, wire-free design. The Essential Spotlight Camera is available for pre-order and rolling out at retailers including BestBuy, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Amazon.com and Arlo.com.
“The Essential Spotlight Camera is a simple, plug and play solution that delivers families peace of mind by keeping an eye on what’s happening in and around home,” said Tejas Shah, SVP product and chief information officer. “Echoing the same premium design of our other camera solutions, the Essential Spotlight Camera fits in anywhere, and can be coupled with Arlo’s Smart AI computer vision technology which filters unnecessary alerts and also works with other Arlo cameras, doorbells and Floodlight to create the perfect security solution.”
The Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera is wire-free and battery-operated solutions, designed to mount or place nearly anywhere, rain or shine:
- Integrated Spotlight : Spotlight can be motion activated or manually turned on.
- 2-Way Audio: Hear and speak to visitors clearly with superior audio quality
- Built-in Siren: Siren can be triggered automatically or manually from the app
- Color Night Vision: See color videos instead of traditional black and white pictures
- Full High Definition Camera: Capture clear details in full high definition with the ability to record video in 1080p
- Weather-Resistant: Designed to withstand heat, cold, rain or sun and can be used indoors or outdoors
- Motion Detection and Alerts: Alerts sent directly to your phone when motion is detected
- Rechargeable Battery: Convenient and long-lasting battery to take the expense out of security
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control
The Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera can connect directly to a WiFi network and does not require a base station. However, if you have an existing Arlo security system, Essential Spotlight Camera can be linked to an Arlo SmartHub VMB4000, VMB4540, VMB4500, VMB5000 for enhanced range and battery life. The new Essential Spotlight Camera is available both in the Arlo white finish or an all-black design.
With the purchase of the Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera, users will receive a three-month trial to Arlo’s AI subscription-based service, Arlo Smart, where they will have access to rolling 30-days of 1080p video recordings to store and view video clips.